Top 3 most in-demand programming languages to learn in 2020
Working in the digital era makes it mandatory to move beyond traditional ways of storing data using pen and paper and focus instead on learning a programming language. Nowadays, the ability to write a computer program is one of the most sought-after skills in the market.
With so many different programming languages available, as a software development company, Directpl takes a high interest in ensuring that our DevOp team is up to speed with the latest trends in the industry. According to the TIOBE index, the top three most popular programming languages to follow in 2020 are Java, C, and Python.
Java remains at the top of programming languages in 2020
Being in the industry for many years, Java is probably the most famous programming language in the world. Do you want to specialize in Android App Development? Then becoming a Java developer should be your starting point. Following the creation of Android Studio, an excellent Java-based Android development framework powered by Google, Java has actually become the official programming language for building Android applications.
Widely used for building enterprise-scale web applications, one of Java’s strongest selling points is its cross-platform compatibility, a feature that only substantiates, even more, its position among the most widely used programming languages in the world.
Top highlights for Java
- High efficiency and portability across operating systems
- Low-security risk and high stability
- Great collection of open-source libraries and large community
- Automatic memory allocation and garbage collection
- High degree of platform independence
- Supports multithreading and it is ideal for distributed computing
- An object-oriented programming language focused on high-quality code compilation
Where to use Java?
- Development of Enterprise Applications
- Android App Development
- Server-side scripting
- Embedded Systems
- Development of Cloud Application
- Development of Distributed Application
What is programmed in Java?
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Amazon, eBay
C was crowned the programming language of the year in 2019
One of the oldest languages in the history of programming, C remains one of the most commonly used programming languages in the world. Often seen as the bread and butter of programming, C is actually the basis for other higher-level programming languages. As almost all low-level systems (e.g., operating systems, file systems) are written in C, if your intention is to become a system-level programmer, then C is the language you should learn first.
Top highlights for C
- Forms the basis for understanding more complex programming languages
- Offers a high degree of portability and efficiency
- Faster execution of programs than most programming languages
- Makes it easier to access blocked or hidden objects by other programming languages
- Runs closer to the system hardware offering a low level of abstraction
- Allows for easier debugging and testing of the programs
Where to use C?
- Operating System Development
- Databases Coding
- Computation Platforms
- Embedded Systems
- Graphics and Games
What is programmed in C?
- Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Windows Phone kernels, Oracle Database, MySQL, MS SQL Server, and PostgreSQL, MATLAB
Python is considered the best backend language for 2020
Are you just starting out your career as a software developer and don’t really know where you should focus your efforts first? Often regarded as the simplest programming language you can learn, Python should definitely be one of your top choices. Over the past few years, it has steadily increased in popularity and even managed to surpass Java as the most taught programming language in universities and academia.
Top highlights for Python
- An easy-to-use programming language with a fast learning track
- Easy-to-deploy especially for scalable web applications
- An object-oriented programming language with a focus on code readability
- Excellent and extensive library support
- Large developer community
- Qualified as an all-purpose programming language
Where to use Python?
- Operating System Development
- Cross-platform Solutions
- Enterprise Business Applications
- Web Application Development
- Web Framework
- Graphical User Interface Desktop Application Development
- Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, and Robotics
What is programmed in Python?
- YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, SurveyMonkey, Reddit, Dropbox, Quora, Spotify
The world of software development is shaped in a very dynamic environment, making the need to keep up with the latest trends in the industry a mandatory condition if you want to remain competitive on the market. Working in the digital era makes everything move at an unimaginable speed which makes the business environment more challenging than ever before.
Our team at Directpl understands the need of our clients to maintain their competitive edge and always has the right state-of-art technological solutions to meet their specific demands. Are you looking for a DevOp team to help you advance your software strategy and streamline your business processes? Get in touch with us and our dedicated team of specialists will be happy to assist you to advance your software development projects!
ServiceNow Product Manager
tel: +48 512156990